The most timely, and complete national coverage is from PSMA. You deal
with a reseller rather than them direct. Your options include
licensing the raw data and dealing with the rather complex data model
(call point spatial is one supplier I can vouch for) or you can deal
with a value added reseller who will shield you from the complex data
model and possibly provide web services or other value add.

Depending on the application most people just use the second rate
google API. Second rate only since they switched from PSMA data to
Sensis data. The PSMA data is high quality but you pay for it. PSMA
data has the quality as it sources the data from each state government
who in turn get it from the 600 odd local governments in Australia.

It all depends, as others have mentioned what you need it for.