Congrats to Niki... :)

and  me thinks the first smh comment is a troll...

I do absolutely love the fact that people are finding success (hopefully in
the shape and form they are looking for it in), but why our obsession with
the US?

It's almost like an "australian actor is no good till they have made it in
hollywood"? Perhaps they will have a chance to do bigger and better things
as the facilities and context is bigger there, but they lose a lot along
the way... in the same way as nicole kidman is hardly an "australian
actor", people that go there will become "american successes", they will
take a tinge of australian in them, but they will become every bit the
american!

i think it's great that people do find that path, but i believe more in
those that stick it out here, and really are "australian successes", not
"will be considered australian successes iff they succeed in the US in
their context, in their environment, with their money".

signed,

(surprised by our obsession with the US!!!)