Just another Welcome to the beach and I hope your settling in ok after that
long traveling!

Also if you want I have some experience with wordpress & buddypress from
building my own sites off it for a few years. I've headbutted the desk more
than a few times working out how to build a 'mobile site' for them as well.
So feel free to get in touch. I may be over in Perth but anyone on the
internet is only as far away as the nearest keyboard.