This thread is a revelation. I had no idea that web programming was so
hard.

I humbly suggest that, in future, the interloping suit-wearing business
types set their sights on more tractable tasks in their 10 week courses:
"Teach yourself OpenCV in 24 hours" or "Denotational Semantics for
Co-founders" or perhaps "Everything you wanted to know about Combinatorial
Optimization but were afraid to ask".

Geoff.