Github offers basic issue management that integrates well with your git
repos and pull requests.

A github wiki is simply text files using github-flavored markdown and lives
in a branch of a git repository.
It's easy to work with it locally using your ruby/node.js/whatever tools.
You can push changes to be served via the github web interface or serve the
files from your own clone of the repository using jekyll.

In addition to a private github account, some people add https://trello.com/ to
the mix as a group agile planning whiteboard.
Another option is http://www.pivotaltracker.com/

However, the hosted atlassian suite of tools is less do it yourself and
more integrated and might be worth the $ in the long run -- unless you
simply prefer to do it yourself...

Hope that helps!
Steven Marcus