--- shiv sastry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My interest in the question relates to the idea
> that if Hinduism is animism
> and animism is religion, what differentiates
> "non Hindu animism" from "Hindu
> animism"?
>
> How does one look at animism and say "This is
> Hinduism" or "This is not
> Hinduism"?

I don't see the relationship between Hinduism and
animism as you express it: that Hinduism is a
form of animism. Animism is better expressed as a
feature that religions may or may not possess.
Hinduism, thus, has animism as one of its
features. However, IMO, animism is not a very
prominent or distinctive feature of Hinduism.

shyam

Choose the right car based on your needs.  Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car
Finder tool.
http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/