> A little OT but two Indian army majors were killed in action to
> eliminate 9 armed intruders from Pakistan a couple of days ago
>
> A cousin of one of those Army officers has made this blog entry:
>
> http://bohemianfreespirit.blogspot.com/2007/10/saying-goodbye-is-
> another-way-of-saying.html

Truly sad (and that's speaking as a kid who got educated in an air force
Kendriya Vidyalaya for several years, thanks to it being the only decent
school in the small town I lived in back then.. not an air force brat
myself, though most of my friends were)

Know enough people who lost relatives (uncles and such) in the Pakistan /
China wars or militancy .. but one thing that makes me think

What exactly was the size of the Rashtriya Rifles detachment going after
these militants? Majors command a whole battalion if am not wrong - that's
at least two companies in strength, about 150..200 people each, right?  What
were the losses in that firefight, for 9 militants to die?