Udhay Shankar N wrote: [ on 09:32 PM 10/30/2007 ]

What's EDGE?

http://www.gsmworld.com/technology/edge/index.shtml

I posted the link above, as I'm trying to wean myself from posting Wikipedia links - I've come to have misgivings about how easily it can be gamed (indeed, how it games itself) - [1] is an example, I personally know of more.

A great summary of all of the pluses and minuses of Wikipedia can be found in the discussion here [2]. Cory, want to add anything to your thought-provoking argument *for* Wikipedia on Making Light?

I thought I'd ask the hivemind here for their thoughts, pro and con.

Just another datum to add to the mix - the _current_ incarnation of the Wikipedia entry for EDGE [3] is more comprehensive than the gsmworld one. :-\

Udhay

[1] http://nhw.livejournal.com/905163.html
[2] http://www.nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/008953.html
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Enhanced_Data_Rates_for_GSM_Evolution&oldid=168133672