On 10/30/07, Srini Ramakrishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Oct 30, 2007 5:44 PM, Venky TV <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
> > http://www.deals4all.net/citinew/apple%20i%20phone.html
> >
> > Took me quite by surprise.  I was not expecting it here until mid-2008.
>
> Interesting, the ones in my workplace are from the US and hacked to work here.

And the weird part is that Apple was quoted as saying that the iPhone
will launch in Asia in 2008 just a couple of days ago! [1]  I would
have instantly assumed somebody is selling hacked iPhones illegally
here if this offer had not been delivered through Citibank!  Am still
wondering if that is the case.  Would be one amazingly bold move! :)

Venky.

[1]
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News_By_Industry/Telecom/Mobile_cos_activate_plans_to_copy_Apple_tune/articleshow/2498318.cms