On 10/29/07, Kiran Jonnalagadda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not sure I understand. Airtel has EDGE coverage nearly* everywhere,
> and I suspect Hutch does too. The networks are already there.

Of what I understand from Hutch, which is what I use, EDGE is enabled
only when using their TV service or something of the sort.

And if it is enabled, I ought to get a notification as such on my
phone, like I do when outside the country on EDGE/3G capable networks.

And if the Hutch network is EDGE enabled, then the speeds are even
worse than I imagined. I get between 0.50 kB/s to a (rare) max of 5.3
kB/s...