On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:08 AM, ss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Unless older people who have "been there done that" can offer viable and
>  attractive alternatives the young people will "understand" only after going
>  through needless pain.

Interesting you should use the "old man" answer while I was just reading this...

http://paultyma.blogspot.com/2008/04/young-mans-business-model.html

"Every now and then we needed an "old man" (like in his 40's or
something) to help us fix something when it was beyond our self-taught
abilities. Now when I say "old man" here and throughout this article,
I don't necessarily mean "old" (and I don't necessarily mean "man") -
I mean "experienced". Experienced at whatever I'm interested in at the
time - or more specifically, experienced at what I wasn't experienced
in at the time."

--
Please read our new blog at:
http://blog.prathambooks.org/