On Apr 15, 2008, at 11:57 AM, Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:
At 2008-04-15 16:51:12 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

why not a MacBook?

Macbooks are heavy, and my impression is that the hardware (while very
nice, feature-wise) isn't as robust as the ThinkPads. If mobility is a
major consideration, then I personally wouldn't pick a MacBook.

I think the new Lenovo made Thinkpad hardware is pretty much equal in quality to Apple hardware, if not worse. If you're looking for an integrated system with a nice UI and Unix under the hood, the Macbook is a great buy. But to run Linux it makes more sense to get the Thinkpad especially since it might be cheaper.

Cheers,
Aditya