On Wednesday 16 April 2008, Aditya Chadha wrote:
[snip]
> I think Lenovo went on a huge and pretty bizarre cost-reduction across the
> IBM laptop line, like the legendary IBM keyboard is definitely not what it
> used to be. But this is piece of FUD is based only on my experience with
> one T60p, and random murmurings on the interwebs. I'm pretty sure they're
> still better than Dell which choses purely to optimize cost on most of
> their machines.

I concur. I have a broken T60p (fan is damaged, system shuts down all the
time), and a new Dell Latitude D630, and I can't bring myself to switch
to the Dell.  Despite the fact that this is possibly the worst Thinkpad
I've ever used (comparatively flimsy, the recurring fan problem), it is
still feels better than the Dell. The keyboard is better, the trackpoint
works, and the keyboard light is a necessity, not a luxury.

-Taj.