On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Sajith T S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Aditya Chadha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I think the new Lenovo made Thinkpad hardware is pretty much equal
> > in quality to Apple hardware, if not worse.
>
> Hmm.  Is this true about R series too?  Just a couple of months back a
> Debian Developer I know chose Dell, after mightily disappointed by an
> R series Thinkpad.  This, despite a lot of the Debian crowd cheering
> for Thinkpads.  He said the new ones felt flimsy, as compared against
> the older IBM made versions.

I think Lenovo went on a huge and pretty bizarre cost-reduction across the
IBM laptop line, like the legendary IBM keyboard is definitely not what it
used to be. But this is piece of FUD is based only on my experience with one
T60p, and random murmurings on the interwebs. I'm pretty sure they're still
better than Dell which choses purely to optimize cost on most of their
machines.

Cheers,
Aditya

--