On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Jim Grisanzio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But I had to laugh at the lead pic in the article to illustrate the
> "standing room only" text in the second paragraph. That train has is down
> right roomy! My goodness. Try this http://blogs.sun.com/jimgris/entry/packed
> and this http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5127313249780524359
>
> :)
>
> Jim

Still not extreme enough. I could not find any good videos for
demonstration but the Virar Local (Churchgate - Virar) is way more
crowded. In fact so crowded that you should not bother trying to get
in if you want to get down at the intervening stations. Besides the
trains in Mumbai have open doors all the time. One of my friends who
had to travel by this local (that's what they call these trains in
Mumbai) had his arm dislocated twice while trying to hold on to the
train.

I found an interesting link though with an apt title. - The survival
guide to Mumbai trains [1]. More than 100 people die everyday (3500
annually)[2].

-- Vinayak
1. http://theideasmithy.com/a-survival-guide-to-mumbai-trains/
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai_Suburban_Railway