"Srini Ramakrishnan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I had the letters SSSSS tagged onto my boarding pass earlier this year
> because I bought a one-way ticket from Seattle to NYC using a foreign
> credit card. Multiple S symbols on the boarding pass mean that you
> have been flagged for tighter security inspection.

And everyone knows it, even (presumably) the terrorists, and you get
your boarding pass BEFORE you go through secondary screening. Genius,
eh? Of course, everyone at the airport *pretends* that the SSSSSes
don't mean "secondary screening", but it is hard to keep anything that
obvious a secret.

I've had that on my pass many times (but I used to fly an insane
amount, like twice a week.) If you fly often enough, you'll get hit at
random here and there.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                [EMAIL PROTECTED]