ss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Looked at from one particular perspective, what you have written and
> what I wrote are not mutually incompatible. Let me tell the story
> this way:
>
> "The US had a brief period when terrorist attacks seemed to become
> frequent.  But the US security agencies clamped down so effectively
> on the weak spots that were open to misuse by terrorists that the US
> made itself relatively immune to terrorist attacks.

They clamped down? Really? Not that anyone I know has noticed.

If you wanted to kill a lot of people here, it would be easy, even
trivial. There is no way to prevent it -- I can't see any means of
"clamping down" that would actually *work*.

What protects us, for the most part, is the overwhelming stupidity of
most terrorists, and their relative rarity in the global
population.

There is, of course, a very good reason that terrorists are rare and
generally stupid -- I could point to Charles Darwin and Robert Axelrod
for the answer to *that* conundrum.

Perry