On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Venkat Mangudi <s...@venkatmangudi.com>wrote:

The worst experience was in a mall in Fremont, CA.
> Somebody once told me CA was the most broadminded state. All that is
> nonsense. Kentucky treated me better, I think. But I digress. Before I
> get back to the mainstream discussion, let me state for the record that
> some of my best friends are not Indian and hence I am not biased against
> non Indians.

Just for the record...I'm white (and female) and none too comfortable in
Fremont, CA.  Middle of the US is even worse.  I'm much more comfortable in
India than I am in Ohio...but prefer San Francisco to everywhere else in the
world.  No, I wasn't born here.

Danese