. [26/03/09 08:38 +0530]:
aurobindo ashram etc (several of which have 100% tax exemption for
social work
projects they carry out, and which also have large, even grandiose building
programs like that huge golden golfball at auroville, for example)

... isnt that the 5-star path to moksha (nirvana if you must).

Auroville is about the only place you can get authentic croissants rather
than the poor (soggy / overly chewy etc) imitations you get in most five
star hotels, bakeries etc in India. So I am glad to let my wife believe all
that while I check out croissants and apricot preserve.