> I have had it pointed out to be offlist that my post was offensive,
> and though it was not meant to be, I realize now that it is.

Undoubtedly so, but you know, I'd much rather have people admit to these
sentiments than to pretend to be inclusive while being closet bigots. This
is not to say you are an outed bigot, but I'll wager that the sentiments
you've aired regarding the connection between Islam and terrorism are not
uncommon amongst most non-Muslim communities. It's the dishonesty of the
narrow-minded that rankles, rather than the (possibly) pragmatic
discrimination of the fearful. That said, I'd definitely prefer the absence
of either group.

--
Sumant Srivathsan
http://sumants.blogspot.com