What constitutes terrorism is highly subjective. If you think struggles
based on identity, freedom and not wanting to comply with a hegemonic notion
of nation are equal to terrorism, then your understanding of terrorism is
vastly different from mine. Violence is used when other spaces and avenues
for negotiation and understanding are blocked. There are enough Lankans and
Tamilians who contribute to the LTTE on various grounds and not all of them
can be bracketed as violence-loving people. It is a matter of political
consciousness and choice to support particular values that these individuals
believe in.
That said, this instance is not an appropriate one to use in our
conversations. It has a different history, connotations and political
economy to it and it does not compare with the kind of discrimination in
housing markets that occurs in Indian cities.

--
Zainab Bawa
Ph.D. Student and Independent Researcher

Between Places ...
http://zainab.freecrow.org