On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Zainab Bawa <bawazaina...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For similar information on MLAs, you have to file RTI applications with

In a recent interview I heard Arvind Kejriwal opine that the RTI has
too many backlog cases and the Information Commission which is
supposed to fine the officers does not bother to implement this
fine/action**, thereby pushing the RTI towards its slow and imminent
death. I've also heard that the RTI is largely misused but i'd still
like to think its an effective tool if used positively.

** iirc, Kejriwal said the IC is empowered to fine the officer 5 bucks
per day beyond the mandatory 30 days. In  some cases this has turned
into a 3 year window.

--
.