. wrote:
 > ** iirc, Kejriwal said the IC is empowered to fine the officer 5 bucks
> per day beyond the mandatory 30 days. In  some cases this has turned
> into a 3 year window.

5 bucks per day? No wonder they don't care. I am fairly certain they can
cover the fine and more with the kickbacks they earn. RTI fine is a joke.

I am slowly losing confidence in measures like RTI that attempts to
bring transparency to the governance. Wish I could do something about
it, but I am selfish in more ways than one to be able to set aside some
time to take action. I, like many others, am just wringing my hands and
crying "what a shame". It's sad, really. Maybe once I overcome my
commitments I could devote time to the social cause.

Venkat