--- On Wed, 13/5/09, Kiran K Karthikeyan <kiran.karthike...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Kiran K Karthikeyan <kiran.karthike...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [silk] Imperialistic countries
> To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
> Date: Wednesday, 13 May, 2009, 7:58 PM
> 2009/5/13 Ravi Bellur <rav...@gmail.com>
>
> > In fact I think I made the point that the way people
> drive here is a
> > metaphor for the problem. No one gives a shit about
> anyone else -- everyone
> > tries to get ahead -- and the fastest anyone can go is
> 40KPH.
> >
> > Even on a very crowded highway in the US, I drive
> 100-120KPH. Because if I
> > drove like they drive here, I'd be arrested -- most
> likely due to some other
> > driver calling the police and the police showing up.
>

> Not debating you point, but you should try driving in
> Boston or NY. Not that
> it comes close to the Bangalore situation, but if the road
> infrastructure
> was as bad as it is here, you would see pretty much the
> same. Seattle is
> over-polite, I feel suffocated there with people being so
> nice to each other
> :)

Hah!

You want over-polite, you are going to Inglistan, pliss. British pipples are
crazy, even flashing headlights meaning you come only Sir, I go later. So they
are going France, France pipples smashing them on every crossroad.

> However, for an even better experience you should go to
> Hyderabad. I have
> seen things that have made me stop and really think to
> arrive at the
> reasoning behind what some people do on the road. It goes
> beyond just not
> caring about others and wanting to get ahead, its a total
> breakdown of logic
> and reason.
>
> Kiran

      Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Yahoo!
Edition http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/firefox/?fr=om_email_firefox