On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Madhu Menon <c...@shiokfood.com> wrote:
> Udhay Shankar N wrote:
>
>> Lots more can be said about identity and anonymity, and no doubt will
>> be said. One thing, however, struck me (given the core silklist
>> principle of assuming goodwill). Might it not be a good idea to ask
>
> I attach more value to somebody posting under his or her proper name. It
> says you stand behind what you say. And it makes me believe I'm talking to a
> real person.

ROTFLOL, when I read "proper name", "real person" but since both
qualifiers are present here[1]. So would you say this person is really
who s/he claims to be? Most women on another unarchived women-only
list agreed he is not who he claims to be[2].

After I joined, I was astonished when someone linked a photograph and
also listed Hassath's address on the list in all their friendliness to
welcome her. I dont know about her but I would have been upset if it
happened to me, "proper name" and "real person" be damned :)

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.user-groups.linux.delhi/17939
[2] would be happy to explain this off-list for those interested, sans
logs ofcourse and if we ever meet i _may_ let you read my inbox _if_
you ask nicely :)

--
.