Raul wrote:
Yep, was fun reading... There's this analogy in ThinkerToys:

http://books.google.com/books?id=5ozm2lpj05QC&pg=PA51

<quote>
Imagine a cage containing five monkeys.

Good story. I certainly know a few of those monkeys (and a few veterinarians studying real monkeys too). But I suppose we all have the ability of acting like those monkeys from time to time even if we are consciously aware of the issue and try to disrupt the process. I think that's a strong point of the article, that our reactions are hardwired to at least a certain degree. Catching (and adjusting) our own narrow agendas is cool, but what about what we genuinely miss? And how much are we missing on any given day. Probably more than we are comfortable with.

Jim