On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Divya Manian <divya.man...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I especially hate photo journalists who show pictures of torture, babies
> dying of hunger while vulture waits nearby, etc. They are meant to titillate
> and blind us with excess anger and fury. After seeing those pictures, we can
> never have an objective opinion about the "evil men" who are the cause for
> such atrocities.

Before you write off photojournalists as manipulators out just tug at
your heartstrings with a hidden agenda, you should read about what
happened to the photographer who took the iconic photograph of that
starving child with a hovering vulture nearby.

http://www.mukto-mona.com/Articles/kevin_carter/sudan_child.htm

Thaths
--
"Marge, you being a cop makes you the man! Which makes me the woman... and
I have no interest in that, besides wearing the occasional underwear, which