On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 3:31 AM, Kiran Jonnalagadda <j...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Andre Manoel <an...@corp.insite.com.br>
> wrote:
>>
>> For those who really like the kind of books that he rights, he rights
>> books that such people really like. I'm one of those people and have
>> read some of his books multiple times.
>
> I think I've read Diamond Age three times. It's his best book.
> I couldn't get through Quicksilver and haven't read any Neal Stephenson
> since. What do you folks recommend?

I agree about Diamond Age. Great book full of great ideas.

I finished Quicksilver and although it took me some time to get it
going. After the start it was great. A little hard to keep track of
characters, and the name dropping is cool but overwhelming. When I
finished the last book I liked it enough to consider re-reading them
immediately. But that's a project for another time...

Anathem is yet another great book. The world he sets the story in is
very weird. It looks kind of familiar and backwards at the start, and
then gets stranger and stranger, but all the craziness is explained
with a very rational framework. It's really impressive.

Andre