Read me at:

--- On Thu, 14/10/10, Indrajit Gupta <bonoba...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

From: Indrajit Gupta <bonoba...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject: Re: [silk] The subaltern studies collective?
To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
Date: Thursday, 14 October, 2010, 13:24

--- On Thu, 14/10/10, Abhishek Hazra <abhishek.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Abhishek Hazra <abhishek.ha...@gmail.com>
To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
Date: Thursday, 14 October, 2010, 9:41

it might come across as "name -dropping" but your reference to Eagleton
reminded me of the recently departed Frank Kermode [1] and his consistent
attempts at introducing 'theory' within the Leavisite bastions of Cambridge.
Kermode's own work always remained a brilliant example of accessibility that
was still sharp, intelligent and scholarly.

Some here may remember the Fontana Masters Series that Kermode edited in the
70s and its popular introductions to Freud, Gramsci etc.

[1] http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/aug/18/frank-kermode-dies-aged-90

abhishek