Hello,

The point I was trying to make was that it does not matter what the
Pakistanis say. What they do, matters. What we do, matters.

Would we like the Pakistani army to take a few casualties ? Sure. When
we did not move troops to our western border after 26/11, we allowed
the US to pressurize the Pakistan army to move their army to their
north-west. The Pakistani army says its has taken thousands of
casualties as a result.

Would we like Pakistani cities to be taken apart ? Sure. Who is doing
it ? Its the Mohajir mafia. Its the Sindhi militia. Its the Baloch
insurgents. Its the Punjabi Taliban. Are any of them our friends ? No.
But they are doing what we want, isn't it ? We should treat all of
this with calibrated indifference. If we express happiness, we
immediately risk discrediting our benefactors.

Recently the UN was considering some concessions to Pakistan wrt
textile exports. We cold-bloodedly vetoed it. Their textile industry
is beholden to the Americans for another year. And we know what price
that commands.

If people call us effete, manipulative etc, how does it matter ? We
should keep quiet. And strike where it really counts.

Regards,
Madhav "the devious Hindu" Pai