On Saturday 30 Jul 2011 9:12:21 pm Anand Manikutty wrote:
> There was an article by Subramanian Swamy in DNA India that has run into
>  some controversy :
>
> http://www.dnaindia.com/analysis/analysis_how-to-wipe-out-islamic-terror_15
> 66203-all
>
> Thoughts/opinions on the article welcome.
>
> Anand

I was brought up to respect all religions and I was blasphemously brought up
to respect all Gods - a uniquely Hindu paradox that allows more than one God
but then respects all of them.

Over the last decade there has been a distinct and very public erosion of the
barriers that prevented criticism of Islam in particular. This much I guess
should be obvious to anyone.

But in my mind there is a reason for it and that reason is the misuse of Islam
in Pakistan. In my view, Pakistan has been the single most important driving
force that has eroded the respect and immunity from criticsm that islam used
to enjoy until recently.

I had once written an article about just how Islam has been misused in
Pakistan. The article is still online. Will not bother posting the link here.

shiv