On Aug 3, 2011 7:37 PM, "Salil Tripathi" <sali...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's what I had written about it. There are some entertaining responses,
too.

> http://www.livemint.com/articles/2011/07/20214319/The-right-to-write.html

I see that you are still living under the pleasant misapprehension that the
fundamental freedoms still apply in India. As a nation, we carry a perpetual
chip on our collective shoulder, ever ready to be offended by anything we
disagree with.

Life is cheap, deaths don't merit any attention unless they are in hundreds
or involve the elite.

Minority religions live in constant fear of attracting the attention of the
majority and desperately waiting for the opportunity to. oppress right back.

Peaceful protests are lathi charged. Need I go on?

In India the only rational strategy is to keep your head down, your mouth
shut and grab your freedoms where you find them.

-- b