I admit upfront that I have been following this particular thread with some
irritation and it is because I am guilty of being an NRI but also because
Silk seems to have become a venue for lots of patting on the back. Is it the
contention of Silklisters that character can only be built in India - seems
a tad self-serving? Perhaps the brush that paints all north american
experience and NRI lives with one large homogenous stroke needs to be
questioned as well. I always wonder why we are all looking for authenticity
when the mixed-up, piebald, pastiche that make up a human being with
conflicting desires and circumstances is a hundred times more interesting!
Who cares what the citizenship status is?

Radhika

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Udhay Shankar N <ud...@pobox.com> wrote:

--
“Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear
and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them