On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Venkat Mangudi <s...@venkatmangudi.com>wrote:

> Having said that, as a person who *chose* to return and stayed, life is
> certainly *not* easy here. But it is easier to be among friends and family.
> A mumbaikar coming back to India should have chosen to go to Mumbai. What
> has helped me here is precisely that, friends and family. If I had moved to
> any other city, it would be no different than being in the US. No family or
> friends, *and* no big bucks.

Um, This argument doesn't quite ring true Venkat.
I landed in Bristol with no existing friends circle there. I built one up.
All of us do that: be they work friends, blog friends, silk friends, family
friends, uni friends or whatever. I went to Dubai and did the same thing.
How does it matter which city you chose to live, if you don't take the
effort to make friends? How did you/he make friends when you moved out of
Bangalore/Mumbai to California? You do the same thing when you get back.