On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 12:27 PM, ashok _ <listmans...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am currently reading (and enjoying) 1493 by charles mann - well
> researched, racy, non-fiction. there are are some interesting bits
> about south asian cultural influence on mexico in the 17th century
> (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Poblana) i had never heard of
> this before .

Nice! I had read (and liked) his previous book '1491: New Revelations
of the Americas Before Columbus'. Did not know he wrote the 1493 one.
For a while, a couple of years ago, I read a bunch of books on the
Columbian Exchange and ended up reading K.T. Acharya's 'The Story of
our Food' (http://www.amazon.com/dp/817371293X) which was nice.

Thaths
--
Marge: Quick, somebody perform CPR!
Homer: Umm (singing) I see a bad moon rising.