On 11-Dec-11 4:17 PM, Venkat Mangudi wrote:
> A few years ago, everyone was riding the economic boom and totally
> content with things as they were. Whether we were paying bank fees or
> bribes, things were hunky dory except for the odd one speaking up
> against it. It went unnoticed, the speaking up part, that is. Now, the
> world seems to be in an economic crisis and suddenly everyone is sitting
> up and finding someone to blame. So the Americans (for the most part)
> blame the 1%, the middle east blame the dictators and Indians blame the
> corrupt. Yesterday there was a big hullabaloo over Apple patent
> trolling. Patent trolling is old story and most of the large companies,
> especially telcos, have been doing it for decades. So why are we going
> nuts about it now?

Any problem gets fixed only when

1) it starts affecting a large enough number of people; and
2) they start complaining loudly enough; AND
3) actually start doing something about it.

All of which is orthogonal to the issue of whether the thing being
complained about is right or wrong.

What was your point, again?

Udhay