On Thursday 29 Mar 2012 8:44:13 pm Srini RamaKrishnan wrote:
> The new way of the individual is new to humanity - it's never been
> attempted at this scale heretofore. Barring the mendicants and
> eccentrics, the way of society has almost always revolved around the
> family and the tribe.

Speaking of scales, humans have never existed in the numbers that they do so
the scales will be bigger for that reason alone. But that apart, I find it
instructive that Hindu, Christian and Islamic tradition individually and
specifically frown upon the "new way of the individual". That gives me the
sense that the "new way"  is not just new, but well known and recognized as a
problem and has been that way for over 2000 years.

shiv