On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Naresh Narasimhan <nar...@vagroup.com> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> MOD Institute invites you to a guided tour of Bangalore city ‘SPOT ON
>> BANGALORE’, organised by MOD Institute and Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller
>> Bhavan, Bangalore.
>> The guided tour with focus on architecture, housing and neighborhoods will
>> cover following areas:
>> - Nandini Layout, Brigade Gateway and Milk Colony in the morning session.
>> - Jeevan Bhima Nagar, Austin Town and Shanti Nagar in post lunch session.
>>
>> It’s a whole day FREE trip with lunch break for an hour.
>>
>> For further details, please see the attached flyer.
>> When:             20th January 2013, 10:00am – 05.30pm
>> Starts from:      Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum, Kasturba
>> Rd, Bangalore
>> Meeting point:   Main Entrance - Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological
>> Museum (MAP)
>>
>> Free Entry. All are welcome!
>>
>> Limited seats, please register with Clara Berger, MOD Institute
>> Please R.S.V.P. for the event at spotonbangal...@gmail.com
>> Please share with relevant networks and individuals.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nanda
>> MOD Institute
>> www.mod.org.in

INTACH Bangalore also has regular Parichay (Hindi for Introduction)
walks across neighborhoods of Bangalore. So far they have covered
Devanahalli, Whitefield and Basavanagudi AFAIK.

Another good resource is http://www.bangalorewalks.com/ whcih I have
not used but have heard good reviews about.

Naresh, I wanted to remind you to send the excel sheet with 50
Locations around Bangalore which are worth visiting. You had mentioned
it during the recent silk meet.

-- Vinayak