Hi all,

All this talk about retirement and how closely coupled it is with
financial freedom got me thinking (more) about financial planning.

I was wondering how my fellow Silkers (is that how we are collectively
called?) have been (or have already) preparing for financial
independence in the later years?  What are the good financial principles
to live by? Some of the things I have been trying to get my head around
are about property as an investment, (long term) investing in company
shares vs. index funds vs. mutual funds, % income to save vs. how much
to invest vs. how much that can be spent (given I have very young kids)
etc. etc.

Any insights, life lessons?

-skn-