From: silklist
[mailto:silklist-bounces+shyam.sunder=peakalpha....@lists.hserus.net] On
Behalf Of skn
Sent: 30 September 2014 09:12
To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
Subject: [silk] Financial planning

Hi all,

All this talk about retirement and how closely coupled it is with financial
freedom got me thinking (more) about financial planning.

I was wondering how my fellow Silkers (is that how we are collectively
called?) have been (or have already) preparing for financial independence in
the later years?  What are the good financial principles to live by? Some of
the things I have been trying to get my head around are about property as an
investment, (long term) investing in company shares vs. index funds vs.
mutual funds, % income to save vs. how much to invest vs. how much that can
be spent (given I have very young kids) etc. etc.

Any insights, life lessons?

-skn-