We had the Portuguese colonising parts of India - they never did get more than
a toehold but they did give us -

Pav bread (which along with the Chinese baozi comes from the Portuguese pao)

Nav, the Hindi word for a boat - from the Portuguese naƵ for a ship

Potatoes - which the British knew and liked too so that is an additional source
but the Hindi word is batata

Sapota fruit (derived from a Nahuatl word) and pineapples (called ananas in
Hindi as in Portuguese)

etc

--srs