On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 10:20 AM Deepa Mohan <mohande...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.sawandutta.com/#!macherjhol/kf04t
>
> Are there equivalent "fish stews" in other parts of India?
>
> Deepa.

If you don't enjoy fish much, which for most people I know is because of
the smell, then you should try Fish Molee[1]. The origin is debated, but
given the incorporation of coconut milk, it is probably from the Mangalore
coast or Kerala (I don't put much stock in it coming from Portugal, other
than perhaps it being a local variation of a Portuguese dish invented in
Goa).

I like it best when made with Ney Meen (Seer Fish) or Aikoora (King Fish).
The fact that these are bigger fish and the addition of turmeric dampens
means it doesn't smell very fishy, which is probably why its so popular.

Kiran

P.S. If any restaurant serves you fish molee with Basa fish, please leave
the place immediately.

[1] http://mariasmenu.com/fish/fish-molly/2
--
Regards,