On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 10:37 AM Deepak Misra
<yahoogro...@deepakmisra.com> wrote:

I observe that there is a statistically significant proportion of
silklisters  using Mac machines. Anything to read into ? As in do
<ahem> smarter people use Macs ? Is it a style statement? Or do Macs
provide additional features which justify the premium.

Well, if cost were no object.... but then it almost always is, isn't it?

I once had a Board member ask that we move from Linux to Windows. When I tallied up the cost to replace old hardware that wouldn't support the current version, and the cost of multiple copies of OS, Office, and various other software, he was quite surprised at what the price totaled -- about 40% of the organization's annual budget.

It was the last I heard of that request.

And given that I have finite mental space, it's really far more practical for me to use the same OS at home as at the office.

It will be interesting to see what I do once I am shed of the non-profit. I'm sure I'll be back here asking advice on *that* year's products.

Cheers,
/ Bruce /