"Slow" and "fast" might be better words for what we used to call "literate" and
"oral" communication styles*.

Although written communication one thousand years ago was almost always the
result of reflection and composition, while spoken communication was almost
always extemporaneous if not spontaneous, we now encounter all four quadrants
in common use:

fast spoken - oral communication
fast written - texting (conversational online comments?)
slow spoken - prepared speeches, lectures, etc.
slow written - literate communication (epistolary mailing lists?)

-Dave

What about podcasts: are they generally fast or slow?

* this would also explain why a recent BBC article claimed "we" prefer texting
to email, when my preference is the opposite; I'm guessing their
exclusive-rather-than-inclusive "we" (which might include ancient romans,
tut-tutting "lucernam redolet"?) prefer fast to slow.