On Sun, Mar 08, 2020 at 06:00:41PM +0530, Peter Griffin wrote:
What behaviours (if any) have you changed because you're worried about the
coronavirus?
Stuff that you would recommend others do too. For instance, washing hands
more, using hand sanitsers, avoiding crowds, not going to events,
cancelling travel.

In my case the reaction has been mixed. Day to day hasn't changed much. I try not to hold on to the rail in the metro as much as before, and anyway I was always washing my hands when getting to whatever place I was getting to (home, work, a restaurante, etc). That daily routine has been kept as usual.

On the travel side, I live in Montreal, where COVID-19 has not still exploded (emphasis in *still*), but would like to travel to Spain to visit my family in June. So far, I am not buying my tickets and are waiting to see how events unfold. Spain has a daily increase of 20 % in the number of detected cases right now (with current numbers around 600 sick, 17 dead), and there is a chance flights might get cancelled. Also, if Spain gets into the list of countries Canada recommends not to visit, I wouldn't be able to go to Spain and return to work immediately, I'd have to "self isolate". Remote work might be an option in that case, though.

Cheers,

--
José María (Chema) Mateos || https://rinzewind.org/