    From: Bill Schramm [mailto:wschr...@ix.netcom.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 1998 5:49 PM
    To: silver-list@eskimo.com
    Cc: woodw...@educelec.com
    Subject: Re: CS>WARNING: Shock Hazard, Sears Distiller

    You are correct, Dean.  I first looked askance at the "turn the plug
around" idea because virtually all modern 2 wire power cords are polarised.
However the one on the Sears distiller is NOT polarised.  It can be easily
inverted. One direction I read 0.7 VAC in the other direction I read 24 VAC.
Guess you need to plug it in the right way and leave it there.

    Incidentally, any of you who have the "EcoWater" portable distiller, it
is the same product.  If you look closely on the Sears package or on labels
it will say Manufacturer EcoWater.  It surprises me that a product that
pulls 5A can ship with a nonpolarised 2 wire plug AND still get the UL
sticker (which it has).

silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com