I am new to this list and have been following recent messages with great
interest.  I would like to pledge $20 to your research efforts.

My wife has been ill for two years and I believe that she may have Lyme
disease.  After seeing a number of doctors, we finally have an appointment
to see a LLD.  In the mean time I have been trying to educate myself on
treatment of the disease.

I would characterize myself as a conservative person with respect to
alternative medicine but want to keep an open mind.  I have read personal
stories of individuals who have found CS useful in treating Lyme disease.
And I have heard of others who have tried CS without much benefit.  I
suppose this is not surprising since there appears to be many sources for
CS, commercial and home-made, which probably vary considerably in their
chemical composition.  And it seems to me that there is a wide range of
dosing practices by those who are self-medicating with CS.

I admire the efforts of those in this group who are conducting research on
CS.  I think this is a great start.  However, I wonder if there should be an
effort to bring in individuals who do medical research for a living.  I hope
you will not find this suggestion insulting because that is not my intent.
In fact, I think you may be on to a very important finding (i.e., the
effectiveness of CS for treating various diseases).  But I can't help
feeling that CS will never be used widely unless its effectiveness is
established by the medical community.  I know that many of you have great
mistrust for the medical profession, and with good reason.  However, there
must be some medical scientists out there who do science because their
primary motivation is the search for truth.

Again I hope I have not offended anyone with my comments.

Jeff La Favre