Hi list,
 Passing on what I`ve learned from the new distiller purchased
yesterday.
  Went out and bought the* Kenmore Countertop Water Purifier*,thats what
they call it. Have made several gallons of distilled water now and this
is the result.
  All batches were started as tap water (city) with 231ppm readings on
the TDS-1. After distilling readings were 001ppm on the TDS-1. This
product works very well. Left the cap off of a gallon of new distilled
water over night and it read 003ppm in the water at the top. Shook the
bottle up a little bit and read it again, this time it read 001ppm .
Seems the top layer of water in contact with the air became slightly
carbonized with contact of the CO2 in the air. Lesson : Keep your water
sealed when not in use.
  Now I`m not at the mercy of store bought distilled water.
  The instruction manual said it takes six hours to make one gallon ,
the one I have does it in 5 1/2 hours .

  Bless You       Bob   Lee
--
oozing on the muggy shore of the gulf coast
  l...@fbtc.net