Whoa back Cisco

>What we have done to treat gardens, rice patties, corn and other acreage
is a simple thing for soil treatment only.

What exactly are you treating ???
Kill off the soil microbes with C/S as you would be doing, and you will
totally eliminate any possible chance of the crop/plants etc taking up the
nutrients that are vital for the crop/plants to be able to grow at all
!!!!!
The obsession to kill microbes with C/S should be tempered with the fact
that less than 1% of all microbes are pathogenic, less than 1% again of the
pathogens are harmful to man !!!!
Since I subscribed to the silver list this is about the dumbest thing I
have read.
It is either not what you do Cisco, or you should not be doing it.
Too bad about the dumping I will now get.
Soil microbes breakdown organic and other matter into humus and humus
gasses to make the nutrients available to the plant for up take via the
root
system and also the stomata on the underside of the leaves of all plants
....kill of the soil microbes and you  kill off the plant !!!!

>We take a 5 gallon bottle and make the stuff so strong it is nearly
chocolate in color. Then we utilize a slow drip into the water supply
being sprayed or irrigated into the field or patty. This does not allow
for a contrlled amount persay but it does allow for the CS to get back
to the soil.

For what purpose are you treating the soil ???
It is not disease ridden, but will become as barren as Michael thinks it
is, if you kill off the soil micro-organisms, and what ever plants you
could grow in sterile soil, they would be sick beyond your worst
imagination, that is if they grew at all !!!!!!

>Of 20 Rice Patties treated the results appeared to be good. We had less
rot problems less mold and mildew, and the crops appeared to be slightly
larger than usual (course that could have been weather related). We also
had less insect problems.

Sorry Cisco they are rice paddies not the edible type of patties
What in fact exactly where  the prior rot and mould and mildew problems ?
None of these are normally harmful to anything in the soil or plants !!!!
Plus the biomass in a healthy soil MUST contain these in big numbers.
The rot, mildew, mould etc you speak of are fungi from the family of
saprophytes, they consume only DEAD organic matter, and are not parasites,
and are as important to a healthy soil as are earthworms and nutrients!!!!.

>I dont know if you are talking about 100's of acres but the same system
could be utilized in the irrigation or spraying systems.

Lets hope no one ever does put C/S in an irrigation system ....would you
think heavy chlorination would be a good idea ???? yet that s the same as
putting in C/S for this purpose !!
So what is the purpose??? Unless the crop is sick what exactly are you
treating
????

> I dont really
know if this would be cost effective in your area....but if it results
in a 5% increase in the production it could pay for itself.

What is the mechanism that will cause an increase in production ???

 >Espically if you dry your crop as in Soy Beans.....we lost a lot of
product due to
rot....eh just an idea and the point of how we do it.

Well you sure lost me on this very unwarranted use of an anti biotic!!!!
C/S is for pathogens in sick organisms, plant, animal or human, not to make
healthy organisms normally totally dependant on beneficial micro-organisms
for health and growth, lacking in the very mechanism that sustains health
!!!!
 I guess I will be bounced again from the list now I disagree again with
another contributor ....but what can anyone gain here from "nutty"
contributions, based on good intentions and totally ignorant science???
.....before anyone jumps to Cisco's defence ....try reading " The Secret
Life of Soil " by Christopher Bird ...or " The Secret Life of Plants " same
author ....or just check out the most elementary info on beneficial soil
micro-organism's
Cisco you will have to do better than this ....if anyone takes this post
seriously then actually implements the suggestions they are going to get
the sickest soil, and  the sickest plants.

Darryyll

JOSEPH T HARRISON wrote:

> Just wondering how silver, selenium etc. is replaced in depleated soils.
> Most fertilizer does not have these things in it.  CS made even by
Cisco's

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@id.net>