Evening Kathryn,

>>At 01:09 PM 5/2/2007, you wrote:

Generally, I agree with everything you said.

Amino acids: it is not necessary to combine them in the same meal, eating them within a few days of each other can be enough. Most of the traditional indigenous diets have incorporated in them a good mix of amino acids that are enough to sustain good health and growth, even in periods where little meat is available.

  That does not agree with some things I have read.
My data might be out of date as I cannot say if I read this 10, 20, or 30 years ago.

I did relate the animal feeding patterns, which eat nearly all incomplete proteins to the 20 minute, actually 30 minute time table. The biologist spent many thousand of hours watching food plots to arrive at the 20 minute feed time. Then they move on to find other incomplete proteins.

Typically carb meals have a shorter digestive time than protein and fats.

For your statement of 2 or 3 days to be correct, there would have to be a storage of amino acids, else they would be long gone before they could be complemented.

My understanding has always been that all 16 essential amino acids had to be present before the food could be metabolized as a protein.

Now I remain confused.

Wayne